Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Amateur Extra



Many of you know that I enjoy amateur Radio. Well the above image shows that I have achieved the highest nerdhood possible in ham radio. I took my Amateur Extra class exam this morning and passed, only missing 2 questions. For those of you that do not know how this works, there is a question pool of 750 questions that they could possibly ask you. You are given a test with 50 of those questions and you have to get a 73% to pass. I never thought that I would be able to do this but I have. It was hard but worth it. I passed my 5 words per minute Morse code test back in 2003 and I have to say that this test today was more anxiety ridden than that.

6 comments:

Kris said...

Awesome job Ben! Now I can have my husband back! ;-)

You worked very hard for this and you finally made it! I love my nerd. ;-)

Patricia Hodge said...

Congrats on this new level of nerdhood!!!

Lee and Sharon said...

Great job Ben. I am amazed at how much you do and have achieved.
You are such a good example for me (who does very little). Thanks for all of that and more.

Maegan said...

what did you do ben? memorize every question?! awesome job!

jera parker said...

Great to see all that you have done and continue to increase your knowledge. I am jealous but so happy for you. I loved your blog especially about Larry Chesley.

Love, Dad and Mom

Andrea said...

Ben- this is such great news! I actually had no idea you had such an interest, but am so proud of you for this awesome accomplishment! Yay!