Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Travel and Belated Haiku

One of the perks I have as the Principal is that every year we get to take the Level 5's at school on a super trip. This year we only had 5 boys and we took them to Zion National Park where we were lucky to be able to hike the first 2 hour section up to Wall Street. If you have never been to Zion you need to plan a trip because it is spectacular in and of itself. Last year we took the kids on a few hikes in Zion but were not prepared to do the Narrows. We planned the whole year and had a great time this last weekend. We took lots of great pictures but I can only share a few with you because of confidentiality reasons. I wish I could explain and show you what the narrows is all about but it is something to be experienced not told about! Imagine you are standing in a river with 300-1500 foot walls on either side of you between 10-50 feet apart. It was incredible and an experience I will not soon forget. the only thing I didn't like about the trip was the fact that I couldn't bring Kris and Logan along to experience it too. Next year I am planning on taking Kris so that she can have this awe inspiring experience too. Here are a few pictures of the trip both in my campground and in the Narrows. I am also including Haiku Monday since I was traveling yesterday and could not post.
From right to left is Abraham Issac and Jacob, the Three Patriarch in Zion National Park.

This is a view from my tent in Snow Canyon State park, just outside of St. George Utah.

Me standing in the Virgin River in the Narrows. This is the middle of the "Trail".

A co-worker and friend, Dr. Brinley show the perspective of how small you feel on this adventure.

A massive roof. Look at the people standing closer to get a feel for how big this thing is.

A beautiful section of Wall Street.

An unforgettable experience. I hope this inspires at least one reader to go out and see this beautiful creation! And now for Haiku Monday... on Tuesday:

The Zion Narrows
Have no words to describe them
God's own handiwork

2 comments:

Maegan said...

bring logan to me and i will watch him so kris can go next year! glad you had fun!

Lee and Sharon said...

Beautiful. Have to go there