Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

For Nate

While I am waiting for new cane to arrive as well as various parts for 3 different rods I received a number of prompts from different people to put up a new post to read. So this one is for Nate.

Right now I am working on 2 rods technically. My brother is building a rod for himself. I wanted to build it for him for Christmas but I couldn't afford the time or the parts that he would want so as my gift to him I am teaching him how to build a rod and he is building his own. The other rod I am working on is one for myself. It is coming along nicely and as soon as I get back out to the garage I will shoot some pictures of the work in progress.

I have more cane on the way for a rod for my cousin and Nate as well. They will not be the same rod taper but I will be building them more or less at the same time. the more I think about both of them the more excited I get. I am always wanting to try something new so each will have a little something special on it.

Here are some more picture of my grandpas rod to see some of the detail that I like to put into each rod.








3 comments:

Kris said...

That was a good-looking rod. Can't wait to see yours!

jera parker said...

Ben you have "skills!" Pa's rod is beautiful.
Love Mom & Dad

Nathan said...

Wow. What good response time. I put that request in just the other day. Good looking rods, can't wait to see one in person.