Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

Bike Racing


One of my favorite things to do is ride my bike. For some reason I got a late start learning how to ride a bike but since then I have had so much fun riding and in so many different ways. When my brother and I were little we loved to ride down to the creek or by the old burned down house. We would pretend to be BMX racers and loved every minute of it.

Recently My friend Dave talked me into riding a mountain bike race with him. Since I spend most of my time on a road bike and I have mountain biked a little I figured it would be a fun experience. Well it was fun but it was also brutal. The race took place in Alpine Utah and is called "The Frozen Hog". It was the beginning of February and there was a few feet of snow on the ground. There were more than a few people there and it was a warm day. Needless to say it took over 2 hours to ride 7 miles. I felt defeated by the snow and ice but enjoyed the whole thing! It will probably become one of those morbid yearly traditions that we love to hate!

4 comments:

Kris said...

morbid is a great word I haven't used in a long time. You should post a link to the video of the race on Dave's blog. fun, fun.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Ben, I'm loving the new blog! Way to go. -Steph

Tiffany Johnson said...

I have to say, morbid IS definitely a great word, I have to agree with Kris. And as I recal, don't you eat it pretty good on that race? Haha.. just thought i'd remind you, although, i'm sure it's something that won't soon be forgotten! :-) Nice blog!

Dave Cook said...

Yes he did eat it hard! Here's the video, watch at 1:03: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8W_WI4s_G0

By the way, nice blog Ben, and thanks for hittin' up that race with me.