Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Keeping Busy

Last Friday night I was a little more than anxious because Saturday I had to take a "Praxis" exam to upgrade my teaching license and become a highly qualified teacher. While this is a major accomplishment for me I was nervous for the test and had to do something to keep my mind off of the impending 2 hour test on a minuscule lecture desk. The following picture shows the results of my Friday night diversion in woodworking. I had some brown cedar that was given to me and it was just laying around. A ward member let me borrow a belt sander and I was off and running. It took me longer than I had expected but it also turned out nicer too. For me working with my hands takes my mind of of the thoughts that bog me down. Try it sometime, you may find it relaxing too!!

1 comment:

Dave Cook said...

"Praxis" Exam? Is that Ebonics for "Practice" Exam?