Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bamboo Rod

Last year my parents found a bamboo fly rod at a flea market in Denver. The price was right and it came with an old automatic reel (South Bend). The rod was in horrible shape and it was not going to be functioning as a fly rod any time soon. They gave it to me for Christmas and it has been sitting on the shelf since then. The other day I decided it was time to start rebuilding it and so before I started I decided to take some pictures. The only thing that I did before I started was to sand the grip down so it looks new. Here are the before photos of the rod. I will be posting the updates as I work and progress on it.





1 comment:

Kris said...

Looks good, although I never see the work you do on it...you must have it out in the garage? Or am I just really unobservant?