Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

It Was Another Beautiful Day in Southeast Idaho

Without consulting Kris, my brother in-law Nick and I decided to go to Idaho this weekend for the Eastern Idaho Fly Tying Expo. From the time I took the fly tying class in college I have tied all my own flies and have fished with them with much success. The expo gave us both lots of new ideas and techniques to improve the flies we tie. We left on Thursday night after work and attended the expo both Friday and Saturday morning. On Friday afternoon we decided to pick up Nate Barker in Rexburg and go fish the Henry's Fork of the Snake river. We wont divulge the exact spot because of the giant fish that we took on teeny tiny flies. I am proud to say that the second largest fish, 19 inches, of the trip was taken, by myself, on a fly of my own design. I will post a picture of it soon but I call it the 'Disco Hare'. The largest fish was taken by Nick and it measured 20 inches. Unfortunately one member of our party who shall remain anonymous forgot the camera on the first day so we missed getting pictures of those two fish. You will have to take the word of two fisherman that these fish were beasts. Here are some photos of the second day of fishing.
Here is a different shot of the same fish to make it look bigger!

1 comment:

Lee and Sharon said...

This is what we like -- BIG FISH.
I'm not sure - is it a rainbow?
But - what I really would like is a true picture of the 20 incher!
Good pictures, Ben.