Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fly Tying

The past few nights have been colder and rather than sit in front of the TV for as long as I normally do I decided to tie some flies. The first night I tied a pattern that I saw in a magazine called the "Sorta Stimulated". It is a variation on the famous Stimulator pattern and simulates an adult stone fly. They came out preety good and if you want to see some pictures scroll down and look at the picture attached to the Double Haiku Monday post. Tonight I tied some of my favorite dry flies in two different patterns. The one on the lfet is an original Adams tied on a hook that I dont normally use but I got on sale. It has a limerick bend and I really like the shape. The Fly on the right is also an Adams but it is tied as a parachute pattern. I tied up three of each and am excited to use them in the mountains next summer.

1 comment:

Maegan said...

glad you had time to do what you love.