Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Late Fall and Helmets

Last Friday was a beautiful late fall day. It was so nice I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ride in short sleeves one last time. I went home and picked up my bike from the house and headed up the canyon for an afternoon of sweat and relaxation. As you can see the ride was nice and I really enjoyed being out alone and hearing the wind, water and quiet. All was good until I got to the top of the meadow. I slid around a corner and slipped on some loose rock. I went head first into a rock and scraped up my arm and knee a bit. I am so glad I was wearing a helmet and anyone who doesn't should be shot; especially on the road. I am here to say that if you ride a bike and do not have a helmet... GET ONE TODAY! It may save your life.
Self Portrait
Open Meadow (Not where I fell)
Bike and the stream

1 comment:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Glad you didn't get hurt too bad. Especially riding alone! I bet it freaked Kris out.