Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Fishing Report

We went to Thistle to do some winter fishing and it was a great time. It snowed on us the entire time and we didn't catch a thing but we really enjoyed every minute of it. The snow falling and the gently rushing water was badly needed and helped us all realize the beauty around us even though it was about 10 degrees out. He are some pictures that we took . Thanks to all of our wives for letting us take off for a few hours and freeze our butts off and love it!Rigging up for the day.Daniel picking out a fly.Selecting a fly... so many to choose from.Nate Barker trying to remember how to tie an overhand knot... I had to show him or we would have frozen to death.A beautiful hole that we should have pulled a fish out of but no luck.Nate fishing.Both Daniel and Nate trying a different fly.Daniel has a nice cast. Most of the time I wish I could cast and fish as well as my brother.Daniel contemplating the next hole.Here I am tossing a line into the next hole. By this time my gloves were pretty wet and not doing much good for me.Nate and I standing in the river.

5 comments:

Maegan said...

wow! thistle looks so different in december from the pictures i've seen of you guys there in the summer months! that actually does look really fun. you took some really special pictures. i like 'em!

Andy said...

What beautiful photos Ben. You actually make it look fun to stand around in near-freezing temperatures!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Holy smokes that looks cold!!!

Lee and Sharon said...

Great pictures, Ben., But how does "Love it" and "freezing" go together???

jera parker said...

Son! Those photos were amazing! You all looked so great in the frozen tundra. You said the nicest things about your brother, it made me a little teary. I also loved all the things you told about the wrappers around the Cuties. What a cute little man you have. Thanking the wives was a smart move...they will let you go again because of that! MOM