Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Going to tie more flies?

Tonight I was getting my fly tying stuff out of Logan's room before I put him down and he asks me "Going to tie more flies?" I have no idea where he got that but I guess he is really observant and he knows dad "Needs" more flies. The first are probably the closest thing to "bait" that I have fished in 20 years. San Juan worms. Not real but easy to tie and super effective! Plus you don't have to skewer a worm on a hook to fish with it!The next are a classic called the Royal Wolff. A pain to tie with squirrel tail but I wanted to be authentic. The last fly is a soft hackle called the Partridge and Orange or Partridge and Yellow depending on the color you use. they are fished under the water in a sweeping motion through a hole. Most people use it as a generic searching pattern.

3 comments:

Kris said...

how fun that you actually have so many posts now! Na how on Earth does Logan know what tying flies is?

Tamara said...

Logan is so cute - he is ready to fish!

Nick said...

Ben..... Why do your flies always look better than mine. I need to start tying more. Looks relaxing. Love the flies