Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowshoeing with my Best Friend

Nate moved to Texas a while back and we have not been able to spend a ton of time together when he comes to visit. He has family in town that he needs to see. Every once in a while we get out and do something fun together while he is in town. Today we packed up the snowshoes and went up to Big Springs. It is only the second time that I have snowshoed up there and it is quite different from the time I spend up there in the summer.
The snow was deep and about half of the trail was either very lightly traveled or not traveled at all which made for some fun time cutting new trail! We were able to spend time talking about our families, goals, books, politics, the past and tons of other stuff. Nate made the comment that it is nice to be able to be away from each other for a long time and then just pick up where we left off. I agree and it is too bad that we go so long without talking to each other at times. For my Christmas present Nate brought me a bottle of Throwback Mountain Dew... our drink of choice and we enjoyed it when we got to the top. It has real sugar instead of corn syrup! If the stars align and everything works out right we will be going fishing with Daniel on Tuesday! Thanks for spending some time in the great out doors with me Nate!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm glad you had a great time snowshoeing with your buddy. I went snowshoeing once, and I hated every minute of it-the shoes were too big for my dinker legs to haul and I lost balance too many times to count. I like thinking that you can enjoy something like that Ben. Someone should. :)