Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Gift of the Magi

A long time ago I received a book from my Uncle and at the time it did not make a huge impression on me. After a while I started to read some of the stories there and contemplate their meaning. I liked the stories and they had depth. One of the stories that I liked the most is the Gift of the Magi. O'Henry was much more poetic and beautiful in the way he told the story than I could ever be so I am leaving it up to him to tell the story. Please read it here: http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/Gift_of_the_Magi.html I read it again last night and really started to think about my sacrifices for my family. Do I have the integrity to sell my most prized possession for my family? Can I do it for my Savior? I have resolved to say yes. I wish you all a merry Christmas and may you have the Gifts of the Magi in your homes, families and lives.

No comments: