Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tonights Fly

Lo and I went to Sportsmans Warehouse to get some fly boxes for gifts for people tonight. While we were there we were looking at flies and saw this particular pattern. It looked nice so I remembered it and when I put Lo down tonight I tied up a half dozen. He and I thought that they looked kind of like a Santa Claus fly even though I can't remember the real name. When I go back I will get it and update the post. So for now I present "The Santa Claus Fly".

2 comments:

jera parker said...

Ben, you said over 20 years of fishing, believe it or not it is almost 25 years!

I am really impressed with these flies. You are amazing.

Love, Dad

Nick said...

Elk hair, peacock hurl
grizzly hackle and feathers
My favorite things.

Threading through the hook,
casting into the water,
drifting down. Happy.

Fly fishing is cool,
Tying flies makes it better
Love to see fish rise.