Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Goin' Fishin'

Tomorrow Danny and Nate and I are going fishing. We are going to Thistle Creek and the forecast says snow so it should be a fun afternoon. In anticipation of fishing I tied up three patterns tonight. the first was a little local pattern used to imitate a midge pupae. It is tied with orange silk crystal flash and a glass bead head. In this case I used green because it is what i had.The next pattern is a Copper Nymph. It is a generic fly used to imitate a hatching midge, caddis or other insect.The last was a made up fly taht I came up with tonight. it is another hatching insect. Red wire, muskrat thorax and a green glass bead head. I call it Christmas dinner for fish!I will get back with you and let you know the results of the day of fishing!

P.S. One of these days I will get around to getting some better lighting for my photos of flies.

3 comments:

Dan said...

I think that these will work great. Did you make enough for me and Nate to try some too. We can all start out with a different one and see what works.

Lee and Sharon said...

pretty enough to hang on your Christmas tree?

Nick said...

Why does fly fishing
have to be so dang awesome
because we tie flies.